Our unique Parent Ambassador Programme is designed to help parents understand the learning journey of their students at SIS. The school follows a philosophy of child-focused, holistic learning.
The Parent Ambassador role is a personal commitment to positively promote and represent Sotogrande International School whilst learning more about SIS and the educational path you have chosen for your child.
The role of the Parent Ambassador is simple – to believe in the school, to pass on the great results that we achieve and be very, very proud of those wonderful, confident, articulate, engaging students that emerge from SIS.
SIS focuses on inspiring all those in the school. We want our pupils to have inspirational experiences. We have very high expectations of our pupils and teachers.
Our school is a community with a passion for learning. Learning is a complex process and it is vitally important that our teachers know how pupils learn best and that they create exciting opportunities for learning to take place.
Parent Ambassadors are:
- Strong advocates and positive parents supporting the mission of the school.
- Key contributors to the Admissions process with prospective parents and students to strengthen the community.
This role encompasses some of the following
- Engaging with current parents, prospective parents & students and others in promoting Sotogrande International School.
- Recognising queries, issues and concerns and refer to correct source within school
- Engaging with parents and encourage support for the school with involvement in school activities
- Be aware of Health and Safety and child protection issues and refer accordingly if you observe issues of concern
- Promote SIS externally at public events and encourage enrolments referring prospective students to Admissions
- Meeting with prospective parents on their visits to answer queries and sharing experiences as an SIS parent & the life here in Sotogrande, Gibraltar, Spain
- Taking part in events for new parents and providing useful support for the newly arrived parent to Spain and the school
- Referring potential sponsorship opportunities if noticed, to the relevant person
- Identifying other educational or personal development activities which would benefit students at SIS and refer accordingly to add to curriculum and learning ethos
- Identifying opportunities and promoting awareness of SIS – NGO projects and Global Citizenship Programmes both internally and externally
- Understanding of the PYP, MYP and IB curriculum and learning philosophy of SIS
- Clear understanding of the operational aspects of SIS and key members of staff
- Current or past experience of being a parent to an SIS student – having experienced the value of Sotogrande International School
- Language fluency – English and/or Spanish or another international language
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Active listening and empathy with others when issues are highlighted
- Ability to diagnose issues and correctly refer onto the right source
- A willingness to reasonably consult and seek input from a wide variety of sources both internally and externally
- Personal commitment to the aims and the Learning centric ethos of SIS.
How to become a Parent Ambassador
All SIS parents are welcome to apply to join the Parent Ambassador programme.
We organise a Personal Development programme to show the Parent Ambassadors how & why personalised learning works.
The Discovery Days are a tour of SIS and the facilities, great fun and designed to help you learn a great deal more about SIS right through from Fundamentals to the Diploma programme.
In collaboration with the Heads of Learning we’re organising hands on workshops, where parents can come into classes to see first-hand how their children learn. These will roll out in the Autumn term:
“How to best support your child’s learning beyond the classroom”
If you would like to discuss or would like more information – Please Email email@example.com