23 days was all it took for our hearts to be stolen, friendships to be sealed and to have a completely new outlook of the world we live in. Experiences like these do transform us and bring every inch of us to life.
The main areas of work consisted of traditional construction work, sustainable organic farming, educational activities at local school (Maths & English support), Phonics & iPad workshops for school teachers, painting literacy & numeracy educational resources at school, Tsáchila cultural club for 60 primary children, reviving & sustaining Tsachila culture through storytelling and plenty of cultural & adventure activities.
The total project investment was €11.500 covering:
- 2 annual higher education scholarships for Tsachila students: €2.300
- Acquisition of 4 extra iPads & projector for school: €1.500
- Acquisition of sound system for school: €200
- Acquisition of educational resources: €1.000
- Traditional construction for eco-tourism/culture development: €2.500
- Celebration of Tsáchila Family Day: €200
- Acquisition of 200 native trees & plants for edible forest project: €500
- Tsáchila cultural club for kids: €170
- Support towards Yanapuma’s nutrition programme (daily meals for 60 kids): €680
- Support towards the Tsáchila Eco-tourism project (Expedition): €2.500
Thank you to the remarkable team of students and teachers for taking the leap and giving their all into everything we did, regardless of the physical and emotional challenges. It was definitely worth it!
We will keep you informed regarding the launch of next year’s expeditions!